OMG, I really wish I would have thought about that before dropping a killing at the ER last night!
Working out was a no go, not only because it finally rained - but because NW cried so.
You see, yesterday afternoon the hubs calls and says that Wyatt had a fever of 103 and his mom gave him Tylenol. He'd call back about 3 to check up. Well come 3, his temp only went down to about 101. I get off work thinking, well it's just teething or some sort of a cold. Man was I shocked at the site of my son when I showed up to pick him up. He was as hot as a frying pan, had the shakes, heart beat was 178, was very lethargic not to mention whiny. I called the after hours service at the pediatricians for a nurse - stat. She called and said that we should go to the emergency room. We go to the ER and panic sets in. Thank God for adrenaline or else I would have been a flippin' mess! The dose NW up on Tylenol and Motrin (more than I think he's ever had in his life) and send us upstairs to see a doc. The doc comes in, checks him out and takes one look in his ears and says "Oh boy he has an ear infection in both ears". Slap me silly I was so relieved. Just as fast as the adrenaline came, it went. Leaving us wiped out. My poor baby has his first ear infection. Hubs went to the local pharmacy to get the scripts and then I took NW home. Man, it's like even he knew that it was just an ear infection (or maybe it was all the drugs they had put in him) but he was a happy, chatty, smiling lil camper - and I was thrilled.
So, when your kid looks like he could pass out and go into a coma - no worries, it's just an ear infection.
Oh, the joys of raising kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment