Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

What a Wk-end!

I almost didn't come in to work this morning, seriously!  This weekend was insanely busy.  Saturday was very fun - we had a few friends over to barbeque and bask in the sun.  We got a steal of a deal at Big Lots, Wyatt now has a blow up pool, a blow up floaty for the big pool, another baby floaty for the big pool and a beach ball - all for $18 buckaroos!  He literally was in and out of the pool all day Saturday. 
Saturday evening was rough - Wyatt was clingy and didn't want anyone else but me.  Yes, this is nice but it can get old when I have a million other things to do but I can't because when I put him down and walk about 5 feet away from him he instantly starts whining, screaming, mental breakdown.  Needless to say, he went to bed about 7pm.  Sunday morning we woke up and "the talk".  I told Mr. Wyatt that today was Father's Day and he needed to show Daddy some love or else he would be dropped off at the local firestation. He did okay in the morning.  I swear we could have won $100,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos if I would have had the camera out.  Wyatt was swinging on the curtains in the bedroom, back and forth he went.  Then he lost his balance and went slamming into the wall.  All I could do was laugh, as I picked him up and comforted him. I'm not that bad at this.  Then we went to church, we were worried.  We just knew that #185 was going to flash up on the screen.  Well, #186 did.  I had to get up at that point and go to the nursery and check on my kid - maybe they meant to push #185 and was in such a panic they hit #186.  Got to the nursery and all is well.  My kid was on his best behavior - made my heart MELT.

Then we stopped by the hospital to see good ole GPA Sears.  He was very excited to see Wyatt, and Wyatt was very excited to see white walls that echoed his screams.  So here's our son, trying to run up and down the hospital hallways screaming at the top of his lungs.  Well, that was a quick visit.  We got to Nick's parentals and my oh my I was so giddy.  I told Wyatt, I'm glad we're going to Gma and Gpa's - I'll get a break.  Everyone always has to get their Wyatt time in, and for an hour and a half, I was in heaven.  I wasn't needed, I got to eat when I wanted to (minus fighting for my drink with Wyatt) and sit and relax while Wyatt was with so and so, or running around the house with the other kiddos.
We left and ran out to my dad's house.  Out of the 8 hour day, that's the only time Wyatt slept - and it was only an hour long nap.  But I must say he did pretty good on that amount of sleep, all in all.
We got to my dad's house and Wyatt immediately went to his Nanna (only because he was half asleep - didn't last long once he woke up and realized who she was, or wasn't.)  He immediately wanted Mommy.  Then my dad came over to see him, Wyatt refused to go to him.  You see, my father is a beast.  And by beast, he's a 6 ft big man.  Wyatt has always had his doubts about him because of his size.  He will walk the long way around the living room just so he doesn't have to go near him.  It's quite funny.  Yesterday, Wyatt wanted to go outside - nobody wanted to take him out.  So Papa scopped him up without any questions (or fussing on Wyatt's part) and went outside.  Wyatt was happy.  Nanna grapped the camera and started snapping away.  Then all of sudden we look over, Papa is talking and Wyatt is very intently listening.  We figured Papa was talking to him about the Junior Drag rules, or how to build a race car out of blocks, or the best way to tinker up his hot wheels.  I mean this kid was LISTENING quietly to the big man talk.  I really wished I could have heard the conversation!  Then we see Wyatt go for Papa's shirt pocket - where Papa keeps his cancer sticks.  Then the conversation kept on... we decided Wyatt was getting the "Don't Smoke" peptalk.  It was cute.

We ended up going home around 4pm, I cooked waffles while the hubs did first attempt at putting a ceiling fan up.  Tonight will be attempt two.  I'll snap picks - I know I've been bad.

Anywho, better get back to work before the boss realizes I'm not doing reports!  Hope everyone has a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment