Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Jesus Died For US!

Good Friday!

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I realized that today was Good Friday.  I remembered because we get off work today at 3PM.  Then, as I was driving to drop my boys off at daycare, I started thinking about what Good Friday means.  I was born and raised in the Catholic faith, but honestly, you probably would never know it if you actually knew me.  If you follow me on Insta, you know that I "googled" "What is Good Friday?"

Good Friday (noun)
the Friday before Easter Sunday, on which the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ is commemorated in the Christian Church.  It is traditionally a day of fasting and penance.

You see, I remember last Easter very well.  I remember telling myself, Jesus has died for me and my sins.  Over the last year (two years now) I haven't made the best decisions for my life.  I have definitely sinned - over and over, on a daily basis.  Knowingly disobeyed God, refused to listen to Him, strayed away from Him.  However, last Good Friday (just like this Good Friday) I told myself, now is my time to start over fresh.  To finally live His way, get back on track - for me, for Him.

I teared up on the way to work reflecting on everything that has happened over the past couple of years.  How far I strayed, and yet just recently how much I have come back to my walk with Jesus. Yes, Jesus died for our sins today.  We no longer have to suffer as sinners.  The past is the past - we aren't going there.  Let's go and start over, fresh - in Him, with Him.

When I say those words to myself, I get excited inside - I get very emotional.  I teared up when I told my boys that today is the day that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  I choked up as those words came out of my mouth.  Sunday is Easter, the day that he rose from the grave.  A NEW start He has given me.  I love him so much, He has given me a love that nobody else can.  He has filled this void in my heart, that has been empty for what seems like eternity now.  I'm excited, I'm thankful, I'm happy.  I believe.

What does Good Friday mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment