I watched/listened to the entire trial. Yesterday, when I heard that the jury had reached a verdict I said a quick prayer "God your Will will be done". I held my breathe when the time came that the verdict was read. I was shocked and whiped a tear from my cheek. I'm still in shock. How can it be that Casey was found not guilty? In my eyes, her partying for 31 days while her daughter was "missing" is the fingerprint/weapon used/gun to the bullet that Casey did in fact do it.
I'm a mom. Some of ya'll may not know that I also have a daughter, she'll be 7 exactly one month from today. I went through a nasty divorce with her father, one that left my world spinning afterwards. In the beginning when all the dirty stuff started flying around us, my x's parents and himself took my baby girl from me (she was maybe 5 months old at the time) and disappeared for a week. My x's father was the only one that would talk to me, and he certainly wouldn't talk to me about my baby girl. That week was the longest week I've ever had to live through. Yes, live through. I didn't eat, didn't sleep, couldn't really function at all. And trust me, everyone and their mother knew that I hadn't seen my baby girl for a week. I couldn't be in public and see another baby about the same age as mine without falling to pieces. I can't even fathom going 31 days. 31 DAYS! Seriously?
I'm still in shock. After all the attention that she received before and during all of this, there is no doubt in my mind that she will seek the attention afterwards to make money off of this. If she really is "not guilty", I would think she would jump right back out there and search for who did this to her baby girl, and turned her life up-side-down. Will she? Probably not.
Nobody will ever really know what happened to sweet baby Caylee.
No comments:
Post a Comment