1. Work out for at least 1 hour, 3 times a week.
2. Penny-pinch budget (receipts, receipts, receipts)
3. Shopping-shopping (Marshalls, TJMAxx, Ross, Target)
4. Find a church and get back into going every week.
5. Read at least 1 book a month.
6. Teach-Teach-Teach
7. Find a new recipe & cook it, once a month
8. Volunteer/Charities
9. Family night/Date night at least once a month
Working out has been put on the back burner here in the last 3 weeks. I'll admit, it's too freakin hot in Tejas - triple digits, come on. Hubs and I might buy an eliptical to go upstairs - found one on sale.
Budgeting for a family is difficult. Saving receipts to make sure we don't miss anything is even harder. I for one hate carrying trash and clutter around in my purse. I view receipts as trash or clutter - neither are good for me. Shopping - I have seriously not walked into a mall and bought high-end clothes for me this year, minus the suits that I had to buy for work - which was an investment in our future! I have read at least one book a month, thank you google books! Teaching, well you see... I came 7 points away from actually passing my certification exam. Then the entire DFW teaching careers went down the drain. All the districts are laying teachers off for budgets, obviously they aren't hiring. So I went to plan B career - my dream job in finance! I've found a new baking recipe to cook every single month. Oh yes, church. WE HAVE FOUND A HOME CHURCH. We are in love with Redeemer Bible Church. No it's not a Catholic church, but we can honestly say that we walk away from church every Sunday with something to talk about and apply into our every day lives. We walk away with meaning. We look forward to going to church every Sunday morning
These are my goals. I know that I am still working on them every day so that they become more like second nature to me. I can't wait to check them off at the end of 2011, and start on even better goals in 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment