Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Wk-End Wrap-Up

I don't know where to start!  This weekend was absolutely great until Sunday.  Around this house, Sundays are starting to not be the best day!  We decided to move our bedroom tv upstairs in the playroom for Wyatt and the video games.  This left us with an extra box that we weren't using, so obviously we had to fill that void.  We bought a tv to go in the bathroom, and Nick was putting it up when he started to hear "drip. drip. drip."  He comes out and asked me if I'm running anything upstairs and I said no and then he ran.  Like soccer player ran.  He went up into the attic and behold...


These pipes ARE NOT suppose to look like this.  All the boxes were soaked beyond soaked.  We moved everything in them out and into the playroom.  There is mold but we aren't sure if it's black mold. We did what we needed to do to have people come out and look at this - but the way things look, they are going to have to pull out the floor in the attic, pull out our ceiling in the master bath, and pull out walls.  WALLS!
(By the shower - this wall is shared with our bedroom; other walls are shared with our closet and Wyatt's room)

(Our closet door frame - Where Nick heard the drip. drip. drip. through, then splash!  It finally cracked)

So, then last night we had storms (really bad wind storms) that some how knocked out our power.  Our lines are under ground, so if something was knocked out it was BIG!  
(a few seconds later...)  I went to go and assess the damage around town because the AT&T guy came to help us fix the box so it would work in the bathroom (so this gal can watch Desperate Housewives, re-runs, LifeHD, and LMN with a glass of wine, soaking in bubbles) and he said that the gas station at the highway's corner was all messed up.  So this superb investigator took her trusty Watson Mason to go and investigate.  Man... trees are uprooted all over, and then this:
( I don't think either of their loads are gonna make their deadlines..)

WOWSA!  

I know, it could be worse!





No comments:

Post a Comment