
Ok, so I'm removing the filter that is located between my brain and my mouth... here you go, THOUGHTLESS THURSDAY!
So, last week I was involved in a car accident. I was completely stopped with 50 other cars at a red light when d-bag rear-ended me cause he figured he was special and didn't have to stop. I got out of my car, shaking uncontrollably, and got his name
I really thought that I would contact his insurance company and everything would be smooth sailing. WTF was I thinking? I called his insurance company, they were just plain rude - they took my information and told me that it would take 48 hours before the claim was filed and I would here from someone. Seriously? So the 48 hours came and went - not one call. I called again, and they gave me a claim number and the name of the adjuster. I left her a message. I called her again after the weekend, she acknowledged getting my message and said that she would get someone to come and look at my car. Well screw doing her job, she had the adjuster call me to set things up and for me to give him the information - he was the nicest person so far! He came and looked at my car, then 2 days went by. I hadn't heard from them, so I decided I needed to call and find out what was going on. She told me yesterday that because they don't have a good number for Mr. D-bag (they are either not a working number or disconnected), his policy was A-OK, however since they haven't been able to reach him they aren't going to pay up. Again, WTF! I said "So, let me get this straight. You mean to tell me that I can go around Dallas and hit every Tom, Dick, and Harry and not call my insurance company, disconnect my numbers and I'm not responsible? Sweet!" She said no that wasn't the case. I told her well that's what you're telling me. Do you also think that I pulled his policy number out of my @$$? I told her that I really didn't want to get an attorney involved because it would waste even more of my time to deal with that, but that if I had to I would. She said, get an attorney - we'll tell them the same thing. Are you f-in kidding me? She said the least she could do was send a certified letter to his address that they have on file, which probably is completely bogus since all they care about is getting their money, and wait for a response.
I ended up having to contact my insurance company and getting them involved, and have also had to contact an attorney to see about my options. I can not believe this.
So, needless to say, Mr. D-bag I sure hope you don't travel down the road that you hit me on, since I frequent it every weekday on my way to work. If I see Mr. D-bag, I will run him off the road, pull him out of his car, and after a few choice words will call his insurance company and make him talk to them on my phone.
Happy Thoughtless Thursday B!tches
No comments:
Post a Comment